Monday, July 5, 2010

Condor

A 60 trip. 38 hours on buses. One night in a $5 hostal. All to see this guy:



The Andean Condor. If you are around 5' tall, stretch out your arms. The distance between your finder tips is the about the size of one of this guy's wings. They're big, kinda ugly, and seem to defy physics when they fly.

I got to watch them by myself for a couple hours, before the tour buses started arriving. I took public transportation and therefore left the closest town, about two hours away from where this condor lives, at 4 am. It was amazing.

The ride back to town, however, was memorable for other reasons. There were 48 seats...and at least 80 people. I wedged myself under the vent in the roof so I could stand up staight. The kid next to me puked a couple times.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, i found you here. I love the condor.
    I have written, up to now and published 3 novels with Talon the condor.
    Please visit my blogspot and hopefully you will comment.
    http://maticatalon.blogspot.com.au/

    Hope to hear from you

    Gigi

    ReplyDelete