Sunday, May 9, 2010

Gratitude

Within the past 18 months of my fairly nomadic life, I've learned a few things. One of the most potent revelations is that the world is much smaller than I once thought, and so am I.

There is something, however, that has become grander, more impressive. There is something, someone, that continues to grow ever more amazing: my mom. During the times when I've needed someone, homesick in Rwanda or juggling grad school applications in Peru, she is without fail the first person I think of and the person I trust the most. She works the hardest to know about my life and believes the strongest in my potential. There is unshakable certainty in her love.

Yes, I've learned a great deal. I've learned, or at least have come to a better understanding, of how incredibly blessed I am to have my mother.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your comments about your Mother. She is not only my biological sister, but my sister in Christ.
    WAY TO GO TREV!!!
    Love, Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU; HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TREVOR; HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
    I hope you had a wonderful day. We surely missed you!!
    Love, Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete