Saturday, February 27, 2010

Laundry

I hand-washed all my clothes today. Everything, including what I was wearing. (No one was around and I kept on my underwear.) It took two and a half hours and I've come to some conclusions:

1.) Armpits deserve the most attention and vigor.

2.) Socks are disgusting, difficult to wash, and I'm resolved to wear them less frequently.

3.) Listening to Jack Johnson makes a menial task more enjoyable.

4.) This sun dries t-shirts in 30 minutes.

5.) I felt good when I was finished. Not relieved - accomplished. There was a sense of independence, of self-reliance, that came with the pruned fingers, tired forearms, and tight back.

6.) Washing machines are nice.

3 comments:

  1. also. if you don't post pics of your room, the landscape and this new world you live in- i fully intend on leading a small revolt & having all your "followers" boycott this blog. don't make me get revolutionary on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to boil your socks. boil water on a "stove" fire, etc. Add a little soap (Dr. B works just fine) and cook the snot out of those suckers and knead them in the water with a spoon or something...
    Becky

    ReplyDelete